Numbers for Ducklings
This is definitely one of the most exciting educational counting games. Alongside the ducklings the children can learn the numbers from 1 to 10.
Children will witness the moment the ducklings come out of their eggs and then play with them at the pond. Together with the ducklings they will learn and practice mathematics in a fun and relaxed way. A three level game, each of them offering a cool way to learn the numbers from 1 to 10, how they are written and how to order them.
- Make small groups and ask the kids to tell you how many are in a group. Ask them to group their toys (2 or 3).
- Practice counting in daily life activities and make them aware too of the written form
- Involve the kids in making the lunch break. Use names and numbers: how many children are present, how many chairs, plates, bread baskts etc.
- Encourage the use of numbers in symbolic games: at the shop – inventory of the products, at the pharmacy- numbers of pills
- Propose them to create a booklet in which they use numbers such as: the age of family and friends, number of friends, their own age, their parents age, the number of the street and apartment where they are living etc.
- Give them opportunities to count every day e.g.: objects, persons, symbols, shapes etc.
- Get them involved in games where they should use quantities
- Give them the possibility to group diverse categories of objects using various criteria („ Are there more puppets with blue or black eyes?“ or „Has the trailer more wheels than the truck?“ etc.)
- Make a calendar together with the children and journalize birthdays from family and friends
- Give them the opportunity to choose an object from a row of objects and numerate the order.
Interactive and fun for children.Razvan Cerzar
It’s nice to play. My sister is crazy about the game 😀Medeea